Gov. Ron DeSantis does not have any intention of stopping his plans to fly illegal immigrants to Democratic states.
The governor first sent two planes of roughly 50 immigrants to Martha’s Vineyard in September. DeSantis’s communications director, Taryn Fenske, confirmed that additional flights would be coming despite a delay due to Hurricane Ian recovery efforts.
“While Florida has had all hands on deck responding to our catastrophic hurricane, the immigration relocation program remains active,” Fenske reportedly said in an email over the weekend.
On Friday, documents were released showing flights costing Florida nearly $1 million are planned to take 100 immigrants to Delaware and Illinois. The flights were reportedly scheduled to take place before Oct. 3.
DeSantis has used the flights as part of his campaign efforts to blast President Joe Biden over the border crisis .
"The legislature gave me $12 million. We're going to spend every penny of that to make sure that we are protecting the people of the state of Florida," DeSantis said last month.
That money was approved in the state budget, which he said Democrats also voted for, as outlined on the governor's campaign press secretary's Twitter account.