Several Democrat governors recently expressed concerns about their party’s radical agenda and “urge[d the] 2020 field not to veer too far left,” according to reporting by the New York Times. But as the video shows, they are far too late – and Democrats taking the debate stage tonight are actually mimicking the exact policies advocated by sitting governors.
“Democrat governors’ supposed concern over their party’s race to the left rings awfully hollow given that they’ve been pushing the extreme policies taking center stage in Detroit in their states,” said RGA Communications Director Amelia Chassé Alcivar. “As Americans hear the 2020 presidential candidates double down on raising taxes, weakening border security, scorning capitalism, and forcing government run health care on our citizens, it’s important to remember that Democrats in governor’s offices across this country are actively trying to implement their party’s radical agenda.”
Find even more examples of Democratic governors embracing their party’s extreme agenda below:
Government Healthcare Takeover:
- 20 different Democratic candidates who ran for governor in 2018 stated support for a single payer health care system.
- Rhode Island Governor and Democratic Governors Association chair Gina Raimondo called a shift to single payer “the right answer.”
- California Governor Gavin Newsom campaigned as an “avowed single-payer supporter.”
- Colorado Governor Jared Polis ran an ad during his campaign touting his support for a single payer health care system.
- Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont stated that he would “champion a single-payer system.”
- Minnesota Governor Tim Walz “lined up behind single-payer healthcare.”
- Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak noted his support for single payer health care system.
Extreme Immigration Agenda:
- Oregon Governor Kate Brown and Washington Governor Jay Inslee enacted measures to make both of their states sanctuary states.
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer supports abolishing ICE.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo stated that he wants to do “nothing to cooperate with ICE.”
- North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper opposed legislation “to require sheriffs to cooperate with immigration authorities.”
- Kentucky Democratic gubernatorial nominee Andy Beshear refused to support a proposed ban on sanctuary cities.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom signed legislation making California the first state in the nation to extend health care coverage to illegal immigrants.
2 days, 8 hours ago
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Slammed By Detroit News For Playing Politics During Pandemic
Whitmer has routinely used COVID-19 pandemic as a means to battle with President Trump.
3 days, 6 hours ago
AOC says coronavirus proves US is a ‘brutal, barbarian society’
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez trashes America during time of crisis.
1 week ago
California Governor Gavin Newsom says coronavirus is an ‘opportunity for reimagining a more progressive era’
Newsom suggested in a Wednesday press conference that the coronavirus pandemic is an opportunity to usher in a “progressive era” in American policy.
1 week, 1 day ago
Senators Slam China's Coronavirus Response
Cruz: "This pandemic began in China, began in Wuhan, China, and the decisions of the Chinese government played a critical part..."
1 week, 1 day ago
Barack Obama takes veiled swipe at Donald Trump's handling of coronavirus pandemic
The 44th president likened Trump's Coronavirus response to climate denial...