Several Democrat governors recently expressed concerns about their party’s radical agenda and “urge[d the] 2020 field not to veer too far left,” according to reporting by the New York Times. But as the video shows, they are far too late – and Democrats taking the debate stage tonight are actually mimicking the exact policies advocated by sitting governors.
“Democrat governors’ supposed concern over their party’s race to the left rings awfully hollow given that they’ve been pushing the extreme policies taking center stage in Detroit in their states,” said RGA Communications Director Amelia Chassé Alcivar. “As Americans hear the 2020 presidential candidates double down on raising taxes, weakening border security, scorning capitalism, and forcing government run health care on our citizens, it’s important to remember that Democrats in governor’s offices across this country are actively trying to implement their party’s radical agenda.”
Find even more examples of Democratic governors embracing their party’s extreme agenda below:
Government Healthcare Takeover:
- 20 different Democratic candidates who ran for governor in 2018 stated support for a single payer health care system.
- Rhode Island Governor and Democratic Governors Association chair Gina Raimondo called a shift to single payer “the right answer.”
- California Governor Gavin Newsom campaigned as an “avowed single-payer supporter.”
- Colorado Governor Jared Polis ran an ad during his campaign touting his support for a single payer health care system.
- Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont stated that he would “champion a single-payer system.”
- Minnesota Governor Tim Walz “lined up behind single-payer healthcare.”
- Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak noted his support for single payer health care system.
Extreme Immigration Agenda:
- Oregon Governor Kate Brown and Washington Governor Jay Inslee enacted measures to make both of their states sanctuary states.
- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer supports abolishing ICE.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo stated that he wants to do “nothing to cooperate with ICE.”
- North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper opposed legislation “to require sheriffs to cooperate with immigration authorities.”
- Kentucky Democratic gubernatorial nominee Andy Beshear refused to support a proposed ban on sanctuary cities.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom signed legislation making California the first state in the nation to extend health care coverage to illegal immigrants.
3 days, 5 hours ago
The DNC Bashes Mount Rushmore In A Now Deleted Tweet
The organization slammed the July 4 event for 'glorifying white supremacy'
3 days, 6 hours ago
Promise Made, Promise Kept: Governor Ron DeSantis Enacts Historic Teacher Pay Raises
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has delivered on his “bold” yet “ambitious goal” of providing significant pay increases for Florida’s educators.
4 days ago
Governors Kim Reynolds and Eric Holcomb Continue To Lead For America’s Workers
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds and Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb are continuing to lead the nation when it comes to innovative workforce development policy
1 week, 1 day ago
Galloway Advisor Calls Governor Mike Parson “Illiterate Hillbilly”
Galloway has thus far declined to condemn Lynn’s discriminatory remarks
1 week, 1 day ago
Rioters Who Topple Statues And Defy The Rule Of Law Should Be Punished
Violence against people and property has no place as a means to fulfill goals